Saturday, October 30, 2010

Creepy!!

Note to self - splurge and get digital cable / DVD in my bedroom.

Waking at 4 a.m. sucks, but waking at 4 to find some wretched poor-excuse-for-television Tyler Perry show on my tv is even worse. (yes, I sleep with my tv on all night. My constant companion. Don't judge!). Anywho! After flipping between the five channels I actually get in my room, I stumbled upon something so captivating that I'm actually sitting here watching the entire show. Briefly, it's some sort of children's religious programming featuring some Canadian lady and her two creepy dummies with whom she performs a ventriloquism act.

Yeah. Words can't even begin to describe the madness. Check it : www.maraleedawn.com.

What I learned from this episode is:

1). Be consistent. (???). Ok? Yeah, they kept repeating that, despite the fact that the majority of the featured audience members are children under the age of five and who clearly have no understanding of anything this broad is preaching, let alone what the word "consistent" means.

2). Ventriloquism really is an art. Not only should your lips not be moving, but the voices that you attribute to the dummies should not be creepy, and certainly should not have a Canadian accent.

3). At the end of the show, the kids all raise their hands and beg Mara Lee Dawn to choose them to be the one who gets to come up to the front of the room and put the dummies into their cases. Just plain weird.

So now that I'm sufficiently creeped out by this show, I'm slightly afraid to try to go back to sleep for fear of the nightmares I'm bound to have ...... Yeah. Must change cable situation in room....

No comments:

Post a Comment