Friday, April 17, 2009

Uh-oh.

I've been pondering this for some time.....

Am I going to hell?

I mean, I know I'm totally nice to animals, old people, and children (well, sometimes, at least), and I try to be a *good* person overall, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I may be doomed to eternal damnation.

You see, I am the quite frequent recipient of mail from charities of various sorts. (I must have donated a dollar to someone sometime, because now they're all after my money!) It seems like every other day I'm getting something from some children's/cancer/AIDS/homeless organization asking me to donate money. And I get it. It's how they do their thing. BUT.....that's not all. Nope. Tucked happily inside those little envelopes is a PRESENT! That's right, a nice set of PERSONALIZED ADDRESS LABELS.... just for me! WOOHOO! Some have a handful of little labels; others have about 100! It's like Christmas!

Of course, the idea behind the "free" labels is that I'll get the labels, be happy, and feel guilted into sending $25. So have I done that? No sir-ee! I pocket the labels and throw away the request/return envelope faster than you can say "Cheap Whore."

So, because I'm sort of, kind of, in a roundabout way stealing from charities (which HAS to be some sort of bad sin (as opposed to a good sin??)) am I going to hell?

I hope not. In the meantime, I suppose I could throw a few bucks at one of them.... perhaps the one with the best design (and that means you're out, you organization-that-clearly-has-99-year-old-ladies-designing-your-ugly-crazy-animal-and-flower-address-labels. I mean, hello, who wants that shit?)

Pray for my soul. Hallelujah. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I have the same concerns. I hate when they send little angels and crosses. I feel so bad throwing them away. (Gulp)

    ReplyDelete