Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I've Got 12 Ounces for Ya...

I have a slight bone to pick with the good folks over at Sunkist. See, they have this new slogan that screams from their billboards "12 ounces of awesome*. " My problem is with the little asterisk, because when you look below, there's a footnote warning "actual ounces may vary."




Now, I don't know why this upsets me so, but it does! You can't make the "12 ounces" the focal point of your advertisement, and then say "Oh, but it's not really 12 oz." It's kind of like that huge ad on the Coco's window at Eastern and the 215 in Vegas which has an entire window covered with a picture of a burger announcing "Actual Size*." Naturally, a review of the asterisk down below reveals that it is not, of course, actual size. Or like the mascara advertisements in which the models are clearly wearing fake eyelashes.

This is false advertising, people, and I won't have it! Down with trickery! Amy shan't be partaking in any orange Sunkist soda, nor will there be any tasty Coco's burgers in my future. No sir-ee. (Mascara, well, that's a whole different story......)

1 comment: