Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm constantly thinking "Gosh, I need to blog more" because I really love to write. The problem is, I always figure I don't have anything funny enough to write about so I just don't write. I've decided to put an end to that, however. I've stumbled across many a blog which consist solely of the author's musings about daily life, and that's enough for me to do it, too. Because hey, at the end of the day, it's not like I have 100s of followers or anything, so I'm really just writing for me. So here goes!

This week has been super fun. It started with the end of my busiest month of the year so far, which was not so fun, but then I had my birthday and NIN shows to look forward to. Melissa flew over from Vegas for night one of the NIN festivities, and we headed to the Palladium to see a totally rad show. We screamed our lungs out (off?) and think it may have been the best NIN show we've ever been to. Trent was clearly sick and you could hear it, but that didn't make it any less enjoyable to us (probably less enjoyable for him, as his throat probably shredded to pieces with every note). I tried to tweet the setlist but I'm an idiot and never know the true and correct names for the instrumental tunes. Rumor has it Jared Leto, Adrienne Curry, Katy Perry, and Steve Perry were all there. They were on the special balcony across from us. We were in the poor people balcony, but I'm not complaining . We were ten feet from a minimally-frequented bar with super nice bartenders and also had our own cocktail waitress. Sweet. :-) No encore though. Bummer. We were wasted and had some BK and then assed out for a few hours.

Next on the agenda was my birthday, which was spent entirely in Court for a Mandatory Settlement Conference / Final Status Conference and ex parte hearing. What a frickin' day. Thankfully, a resolution favorable to all was reached around the 3 o'clock hour, which meant we had time for a quick drink to celebrate. By the time I got home, though, I was frickin' beat! I had to put the kibosh on any birthday plans because I just needed to sleep and hydrate and rally for the next NIN show.

And rally I did.... I chilled out for a few days, got my car fixed (thank you, nice AAA man!), watched "He's Just Not That Into You" and fell in love with Bradley Cooper, and then headed over to the Echoplex for NIN last night. Frickin' amazing! I can never decide which show is the best. They're truly all great. The whole place is a pit, and apparently fits about 700 people. I, at the ripe ol' age of not-21 was not really happy about having to touch other sweaty people for three hours. Thankfully, however, ALL of the peeps who were around me were super respectful and I had nothing to worry about. No B.O., no bad breath, no unnecessary touching (though Carrie has a different opinion about that, particularly after that guy tried to pick her up and then, after she looked at him like, "Um, what the hell are you doing?" he said "Oh, I thought you were my girlfriend." which was quite funny because the dude was standing next to us all frickin' night and there was no girlfriend to speak of nearby. So yeah.) I was literally jumping up and down in my steel-toed boots and was DRENCHED by the end of the night. I did not go to the gym yesterday, but am confident I worked off a few hundred calories in screaming, head bobbing, fist punching, and jumping.

We did get to see Robin for a minute when we entered the venue, and I was starstruck and couldn't think of anything clever to say, even though Melissa and I have thought about what we'd say to TR if we had two seconds and have even rehearsed it so that we won't sound like idiots, but for whatever reason, I drew a complete blank last night and couldn't think of anything to say.

We also saw two other dudes wearing our "Eraser" shirt and neither of us have ever seen anyone else with the shirts. We're so proud of them. They're the first shirt we ever got at our first NIN concert at Shoreline Amphitheater.

I slept for a glorious twelve hours and awoke to a message on Twitter that more NIN tix went on sale. I didn't have tix for the Henry Fonda show, and whaddayaknow? I do now! Can't wait. So we have NIN tomorrow night, and the last show ever on Thursday night. I'm afraid I'm going to cry. I almost did last night during "Hurt." You could hear a pin drop. Not a frickin' sound. Everyone was really into it. Awesome.

Anywho, that's enough for now. I'm hungry and need to get back to Fast Times at Ridgemont High and reading Kevin Smith's tweetfest :-) Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment