Saturday, September 12, 2009

Toodles, NIN; Hello, PJs!

So the week of NIN has ended :-( Every night was more amazing than the one before, with 3 hour + long sets. I only ended up in the "pit" one night, and that was fine by me. Hey, I'm an old lady, what can I say? Mel and I cried a bit at the end. It was hard not to. Frankly, I started crying when Trent played The Frail. It always gets me. I'm sure the copious quantities of beer didn't help with the emotional rollercoaster, but...? We met some fun people at the venues and are bummed that this good thing has come to an end. Can't wait to see what Trent, Robin, Ilan, and Justin have for us in the future - whether collectively or individually. (P.S. LOVE the video making the rounds which shows Justin reaching out and gently touching Robin's chin! So endearing!)

I'm still sick, unfortunately, but thankfully was able to stay at home and do a whole lot of nothing today. I haven't even changed out of my pajamas! Glorious. I watched the remaining episodes of Season One of Hung, followed by Little Children (holy JESUS Patrick Wilson is hot!!!), and then watched some Hoarders, which has become my new guilty pleasure. I did feel quite vomitous at times, but I'm still going to watch. It kind of makes me feel better about my sad little life ;-)

I also watched the first episode of Vampire Diaries. Not sure what to think just yet. It's pretty good, but unfortunately, has a lot of similarities to the Twilight franchise which makes me wonder "Do I need to follow two separate but similar vampire stories?" The lead girl "Elena" looks like Posh, Alyssa Milano, and Tracey Ullman had a baby together, and the vampire (Stephan) looks a lot like Mark Paul Gosselar to me. I guess we'll have to see. I'm willing to give it a shot. Also looking forward to Community with Joel McHale!

I'm currently wondering why someone is drilling in a nearby apartment, and this is not the first night I've heard these sounds. I hope no one's being dismembered. Hey, I live in a grotty apartment in the middle of Hollywood with the most bizarre group of fellow tenants imagineable. Anything's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment